As our city and region continues to suffer from the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and secure.
During this difficult time, we want to keep you as up to date as possible. We previously shared with you that this past weekend’s Ella at 100 POPS Series performances were cancelled. We are sorry to share the disappointing news that, due to repairs at Jones Hall as a result of complications from the storm, the following concerts scheduled for next week have also been CANCELLED:
- The Best of John Williams (Wednesday, September 6 at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion). This program will be included in The Pavilion’s 2018 performing arts season. Refunds are available at the point of purchase.
- Opening Night Concert and Gala with Susan Graham (Saturday, September 9 at Jones Hall)
- Fiesta Sinfónica (Sunday, September 10 at Jones Hall; free concert – no action required)
If you purchased concert tickets for Opening Night with Susan Graham, no action is required on your part at this time. Our Patron Services Center will re-open on Tuesday, September 5 at 10am. At that time, our representatives will assist you by:
- Donating the value of your ticket back to the Houston Symphony (you will
receive a tax receipt for the value of your ticket)
- Exchanging your ticket for any other Houston Symphony 2017-18 season performance with no additional fees
If you have ticketing questions while the Patron Services Center is closed, please contact Jenny Zuniga (Director, Patron Services) at email@example.com.
If you supported Opening Night with a purchase of a ticket to both the Concert and Gala Dinner, we are sincerely grateful for your commitment to Opening Night and the education and community programming it supports. We hope you will consider converting your Opening Night support to an unrestricted donation to help the Symphony maintain its operations during this period of uncertainty. If this is not possible, we will be contacting you soon to discuss other options for your support of this event.
Please contact Monica Simon (Director, Special Events) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Alternatively, you may contact David Chambers (Interim Co-Executive Director/Chief Development Officer) at email@example.com.
Jones Hall’s condition permitting, it is our intention to begin the 2017-18 Season on Thursday, September 14 with Music Director Andrés Orozco-Estrada leading the Houston Symphony and Chorus.
As the rebuilding process begins, we look forward to bringing you an outstanding 2017-18 Season, and to helping Houstonians heal through the art of music. Thank you for your understanding. We can’t wait to see you in the concert hall.